Friday, June 2, 2023

Farewell Day 2: June 2nd with Mackenzie J.

 Each day this month, a different member of Sevenatenine is saying farewell with a poem and a piece of art. Today, the selection is from Mackenzie J., Grade 8


A Halfway-Postmortem Conversation Between an Eidolon and a Triggerman

 

 

My murderer, my maker

The ghost who reprises my footprints

Ellipses left behind in the snow

The last face I ever saw

The one I can’t unsee

Just the friend of a friend

An acquaintance, that’s all

A eulogy

A faded scream

I thought you’d left behind a widower

I’ve left behind a vilomah

There’s no apology I can give you

You’re evanesced now, after all

Only dust upon the wind…

Sometimes I wish to join you

No, please

Please, don’t go too

 

But my friend, what will I do

Now that my only memory is you?





No comments:

Post a Comment