Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Farewell Day 6: June 6th with Jake S.

Jake is finishing his seventh-grade year at Holicong. Enjoy his offering this month!

My Land, My Home

 

The land and the sea are vast all around me.

I can hear the ocean calling, asking me to set sail.

The seagulls cry their mournful song above
I will stay here,

This is my land,

This is my home.

 

I won’t let my home drift away,

I won’t let my heritage decay.

I won’t let history repeat itself, again and again.

I won’t let it wash away, like the water in the riverbend.

I won’t lose my land,

My home.

 

The waves crash onto the shore, but calmly recede.

If only our problems were that easy.

As I walk away, the salty ocean breeze,

rustles the autumn leaves.

The wind causes my hair to go astray,

As the sun sets, the end of the day.

This is my land,

My home.

 

In the forest, the leaves crunch beneath my feet.

In the forest, the leaves brush against my cheek.

In the forest, the gentle breeze turns my cheeks a rosy red.

In the forest, I feel free.

In the forest, I see a leaf floating on a stream.

In the forest, the leaf gracefully slides on the water.

In the forest, the water flows without a care in the world.

In the forest, this is my land,

My home.

 

The forest parts to my simple home.

In this beautiful biome.

My family walks outside to greet me,

I know I should let life be.

I smile, though, my eyes betray.

How I’m really feeling on this almost perfect day.

A tinge of sadness and a vigilant gaze.

I must protect my family.

I must protect our land,

Our home.

 

The sunset, beautiful and bold.

The sunset, with colors so unimaginable they were never told.

The sunset, lets the stars flood the sky.

The sunset, a way for the day to say goodbye.

The sunset, a reminder of the past.

The sunset, a reminder of our tragic story.

The sunset, full of bliss and hope.

The sunset, watching over our land,

Our home.

 

I will fight to protect my family, my friends.

I will keep them safe until the end.

I will not let my guard down, after the scar that people have left.

I will not be unprepared, no matter how much rest.

For this is our land,

Our home.

 

I will tell our story over and over again.

I will tell our story until the very end.

I will stay in the calmness of nature.

I will stay in the beauty of the wild.

I will stay on our land.

I will stay in our home.


No comments:

Post a Comment