Sunday, June 4, 2023

Farewell Day 4: June 4th with Jaime P.

 Today's offering is from Jaime P, Grade 9. 


And Now You’re Finally A Star!

 

Ever since I was little I always loved to watch the moon,

As it rose slowly over the horizon and sat solemnly in the air.

 

My own, personal nightlight to save me from the shadow of a monster,

Created from the depths of my own misery.

My own doubt.

 

Never did I once stop to think about how lonely the night sky seemed.

The vast blankness— nothingness.

 

Now in my own jadedness I have to stand still,

And watch as the moon turns into a star, an Astro,

To fly higher than I could’ve ever held it.

 

Soundless sobs and suffocating sorrow is all I have left,

Because someone once told me that, like dandelions seeds,

One’s bound to let their emotions soar through the wind.

 

That's just human, and that's okay.

 

Healing is a long process,

Especially when there’s no more knowing what’s in the dark.

 

But I’ll always have the strength the moon once gave me,

To light up my nights on my own,

For now the moon has too soon become a star.

 

A faraway reminder of what had been,

What is no longer,

And the lives that will forever be touched.

 

-For M.B.,

May you rest in the peace you were always searching for and finally found. You were always more than enough.






No comments:

Post a Comment