Monday, October 31, 2011

Name this poem!

Seventh grader, Claire A., wrote the following poem in reading class. It is currently unnamed. Any ideas? Read the poem and send us your best ideas for a name. The winner will get his or her name published in our blog post. Please, if you would like to have your name in our blog, add your first name and last initial to the comment. If you do not wish for your name to be published, you may have it published anonymously. We can't wait to see what you think!

I sit there throughout the night,
Wondering when it will become light.
The moon starts to set; the sun starts to rise,
Soon the rays shine before my eyes.
Enjoying the warmth upon my skin,
The world around me then begins to spin,
Soon I'm flying,
Satisfying,
One last look,
And I close the book.

7 comments:

  1. I really like your poem! That's how I feel when I'm reading a really good book and you expressed it really well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This poem was really well thought out. GOOD JOB CLAIRE A. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ilove fish

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe your poem could be called: Feeling

    ReplyDelete
  5. Passsing by my eyes? this could be one possible title.
    Maybe even "Imagination" could work.
    ~Brianna W.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Literary Magazine has spoken, and the winner is "Feeling." Congrats to our anonymous entrant!

    ReplyDelete